• Entry Fee: The 2022 (non-refundable) entry fee will be: $300. Each submission after that is $275 when entered at the same time. In the College/University categories, all entries are $150 each. Payment is by credit card only. A specific entry may be entered into multiple categories if relevant and will be judged separately. For example, The Best Enterprise Feature or News Event Feature could also be eligible for photography, video, infographics, etc.
• Eligibility: The competition is open to organizations and media companies that operate Internet services on the World Wide Web. In addition, special categories are open to College University News Sites. For 2022, entries must have been available on the web from September 1, 2021, through August 31, 2022. Entries that contain original reporting and/or content, etc., must have first appeared (debuted) on your website at any time during that period. Entries must be submitted via the EPPY™ Awards website.
• Deadline: Entry deadline is August 31, 2022. Editor & Publisher reserves the exclusive right to extend the entry deadline. Entries received after the entry deadline will not be accepted.
• Submit your Links: Each entry includes the option of submitting up to four links – though only one link is required. Before you submit your entry, make sure your links work. Please, make it easy on the judges! If your website/entry requires login credentials, this is the first thing you should list in your "Comments" (see below). If the link appears behind a paywall, you must provide an easy-to-use username and password within your entry. If a link is no longer available, create a special link to allow judges to access your content
Any audio or video files you want to be judged cannot be uploaded to the entry Content Management System. Please have the audio or video segment available for judges to review by providing a working link. Please make sure the viewing/listening time does not exceed 30 minutes.
• Comment section: The comment section is the place to let the judges in on what they will see. You can put the entry into context or explain you’ve edited certain portions for brevity purposes. Be brief and double space between paragraphs, bullet points, etc. Please put any passwords required here first.
• Division – more than or fewer than 1 million visitors: The division you enter is determined by the viewership generated by the homepage of your media company’s main home page and not by how many users have downloaded your app or viewed your sports entry, etc. If you’re entering a podcast or a mobile app, the division you would enter would be based on what your main homepage generates.
• Judging: Judging all entries takes place during from mid-September to mid-October, 2022. Judges are industry experts chosen by the staff of Editor & Publisher and the Local Media Association. All judging will occur on the web, and the decision of the judges is final.
Each EPPY™ entry is judged on its own merits within a particular category. Finalists must receive a score in the top one-third of the average score across all categories within their division (more than 1 million unique monthly visitors/less than 1 million unique monthly visitors). As a result, there may be no winners in categories not reaching this threshold.
First place winners within the United States of America, will receive one crystal award per winning entry. Those outside the US, may be quoted an additional shipping fee to receive their award, Additional awards are available for ordering at a cost is $300 + shipping). Honorable Mention certificates are available upon request.
For more information, contact Mike Blinder at email@example.com or (406-445-000 x1).