• Submit your Links: Each entry includes the option of submitting up to four links – though only one link is required. Before you submit your entry, make sure your links work. Please, make it easy on the judges! If your website/entry requires login credentials, this is the first thing you should list in your "Comments" (see below). If the link appears behind a paywall, you must provide an easy-to-use username and password within your entry. If a link is no longer available, create a special link to allow judges to access your content
Any audio or video files you want to be judged cannot be uploaded to the entry Content Management System. Please have the audio or video segment available for judges to review by providing a working link. Please make sure the viewing/listening time does not exceed 30 minutes.
• Comment section: The comment section is the place to let the judges in on what they will see. You can put the entry into context or explain you’ve edited certain portions for brevity purposes. Be brief and double space between paragraphs, bullet points, etc. Please put any passwords required here first.
• Division – more than or fewer than 1 million visitors: The division you enter is determined by the viewership generated by the homepage of your media company’s main home page and not by how many users have downloaded your app or viewed your sports entry, etc. If you’re entering a podcast or a mobile app, the division you would enter would be based on what your main homepage generates.
• Entry Fee: A non-refundable $275 entry fee is required per entry; each submission after that is $250 when entered at the same time. In the College/University categories, all entries are $100 each. Payment is by credit card only.
A specific entry may be entered into multiple categories if relevant and will be judged separately. For example, The Best Enterprise Feature or News Event Feature could also be eligible for photography, video, infographics, etc.
• Eligibility: The competition is open to organizations and media companies that operate Internet services on the World Wide Web. In addition, special categories are open to College University News Sites.
Entries must have been available on the web from September 1, 2020, through August 31, 2021. Entries that contain original reporting and/or content, etc., must have first appeared (debuted) on your website at any time during that period.
Entries must be submitted via the EPPY™ Awards website. Deadline to enter is EXTENDED to Friday September 10, 2021 at 11:59pm EDT. Editor & Publisher reserves the exclusive right to extend the entry deadline. Entries received after the entry deadline will not be accepted.
• Judging: Judging of all entries will take place from September 13 through September 30. Judges are industry experts chosen by the staff of Editor & Publisher. All judging will occur on the web, and the decision of the judges is final.
Each EPPY™ entry is judged on its own merits within a particular category. Finalists must receive a score in the top one-third of the average score across all categories within their division (more than 1 million unique monthly visitors/less than 1 million unique monthly visitors). As a result, there may be no winners in categories not reaching this threshold.
• Finalists, Winner and Awards: Finalists for the 2021 EPPYTM Awards will be announced in the Editor & Publisher 7 a.m. (ET) "Daily Exclusives" email newsletter on October 1. A story will also be posted on EditorandPublisher.com. Sign up for the newsletter here: https://www.editorandpublisher.com/newsletter-sign-up/
Winners of the 2021 EPPYTM Awards will be announced on Thursday, October 14, during a live Webinar that will be promoted in the Editor & Publisher 7 a.m. ET "Daily Exclusives" Email Newsletter on Friday, October 1. A story will also be posted on EditorandPublisher.com. Sign up for the newsletter here: https://www.editorandpublisher.com/newsletter-sign-up/
Winners will receive one crystal award per entry, but additional awards are available for ordering. Each award is engraved with the winning entry information (cost is $275 + shipping). Honorable Mention certificates are available upon request.
For more information, contact Mike Blinder at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406-445-000 x1).