• Links: Each entry includes the option of submitting up to 4 links – though only 1 link is required. Before you submit your entry, make sure your links work. If a link is no longer available, create a special link to allow judges to access your entry.
• Comment section: Make it easy on the judges! If your website/entry requires login credentials, this is the first thing you should list. The comment section is the place to let the judges in on what they are going to see. You can put the entry into context or explain you’ve edited certain portions for brevity purposes. Be brief and double space between paragraphs, bullet points, etc. If you are submitting a video, podcast, etc., make sure the viewing/listening time does not exceed 30 minutes
• Division – over or under 1 million visitors: The division you enter is determined by the viewership generated by the homepage of your media company’s main home page and not by how many users have downloaded your app or viewed your sports entry, etc. If you’re entering a podcast or a mobile app, the division you would enter would be based on what your main homepage generates.
• Entry Fee: A non-refundable $250 entry fee is required per entry; each submission thereafter is $220 when entered at the same time. In the College/University categories, all entries are $100 each. Payment is by credit card only.
A specific entry may be entered into multiple categories if relevant and will be judged separately. A Best Enterprise Feature or News Event Feature could also be eligible for photography, video, infographics, etc.
• Eligability: The competition is open to media companies that operate Internet services on the World Wide Web. In addition, three categories of the competition are open to College University News Sites.
Entries must have been available on the Internet at any time during the period of Sept.1, 2019 through August 31st 2020. Entries that contain original reporting and/or content, etc. must have first appeared (debuted) on your website at any time during that period.
Entries must be submitted via the EPPY™ Awards website and must be received by 12-midnight EST on August 31st , 2020. Editor & Publisher reserves the exclusive right to extend the entry deadline. Entries received after the entry deadline will not be accepted.
• Judging: Judging of all entries will take place from September 14 to October 2, 2020. Judges are industry experts chosen by the staff of Editor & Publisher. All judging will occur on the Internet, and the decision of the judges is final.
Each EPPY™ entry is judged on its own merits within a particular category. Finalists must receive a score in the top one third of the average score across all categories within their division (1 million and over unique monthly visitors; under 1 million unique monthly visitors). As a result, there may be no winners in categories not reaching this threshold.
• Awards: Winners of the awards will be announced on Wednesday, October 21st, 2020 at 12:00 noon EST. Winners will receive one crystal award per entry, but additional awards are available for ordering. Each award is engraved with the winning entry information (cost is $250 + shipping). Honorable Mention certificates are available upon request.
For more information, contact Mike Blinder at email@example.com or (406-445-000 x1)